Here is a (hopefully) simple tutorial on how to achieve a feather manicure…I got the feathers at an A.C.Moore (same thing as a Michaels) and they were $1.50 for a full bag of feathers and they have a variety of colors =]
1) Apply a base coat.
2) Depending on color of the feather choose a base color that you feel would look best.
3) When color is fully dry apply a clear polish and place the feather on your nail pressing down lightly so none of the feather sticks up.
4) Take scissors and cut the excess feather off.
5) Using a nail clipper will help you get closer to the edge of the nail to cut off any remaining excess feather.
6) When applying the top coat it be careful the brush doesn’t lift off any of the feather, if so paint in the opposite direction! Also, make sure you apply 2-3 coats of top coat… You don’t want any feather pieces coming off and ruining the manicure!
Hope this made it easy to create your own feather manicure! Please show me when you do :)
Here is a simple tribal nail art tutorial ….be sure to add a base and top coat. For the black I used a tooth pick and acrylic paint :) enjoy! And if u do it show me! I would love to see :)
I so wanted to do more homage nails but April was such a busy month for me =/
But for my last one I wanted to pay homage to Jess (gorjessnails).
She is such a sweet girl and her nail art is so so good! She was one of the first nail art pages I followed and her work is such an inspiration…and she loves Hello Kitty so thats a major plus! haha<3
I decided to do these nails that Jess did…when I first saw them I thought they were so cool!!! At first I wanted to use blue and yellow but then I was like no…I need neons!!! Lol :)
P.s- the colors I used was China Glaze ‘Celtic Sun’ and ‘Pool Party’ =]
I wanted to go for something bright and I love these 2 colors together!
I used Flip Flop Fantasy from China Glaze and Sidewalkers from N.Y.C :)
Neon colors…I was feeling random lol :)
I decided to do some crackle earlier cuz I was bored and I couldn’t stand my nails being bare (even tho is was less then 2 hours lmao) and I kinda missed the simpleness of crackle. I absolutely love the green… :)
I been thinkin of ideas for Pretty Nail Swags contest so I shall be posting those soon. Until then…simpleness to give my nails a break lol