Here is a (hopefully) simple tutorial on how to achieve a feather manicure…I got the feathers at an A.C.Moore (same thing as a Michaels) and they were $1.50 for a full bag of feathers and they have a variety of colors =]
1) Apply a base coat.
2) Depending on color of the feather choose a base color that you feel would look best.
3) When color is fully dry apply a clear polish and place the feather on your nail pressing down lightly so none of the feather sticks up.
4) Take scissors and cut the excess feather off.
5) Using a nail clipper will help you get closer to the edge of the nail to cut off any remaining excess feather.
6) When applying the top coat it be careful the brush doesn’t lift off any of the feather, if so paint in the opposite direction! Also, make sure you apply 2-3 coats of top coat… You don’t want any feather pieces coming off and ruining the manicure!
Hope this made it easy to create your own feather manicure! Please show me when you do :)
Here is a tutorial for a gradient or in this case ‘Ombre’ with more then one color :) Enjoy!
1. Apply a basecoat and then a color of your choice. In this case Yellow.
2. Choose a slightly darker color (peachy/Orange) and sponge over 2/3 of the nail.
3. Choose a third color (magenta) and sponge heavy just on the tip of the nail.
4. If you want add a fine glitter over the entire nail.
5. You could leave it like this and add a top coat or add a palm tree as I did. I just used a tooth pick and acrylic paint. After that add a top coat and you are done! :)
Sorry the words are blurry!!
1. Apply a base coat and then a color of your choice.
2. Sponge a 2nd color. Lighter on the top and heavier on the bottom.
3. (Optional) add a glitter of your choice over the sponged area and a little above. Add a top coat and ure done! :)
Here is one of the tutorials that was requested…
Just a quick simple gradient :)
Hope you like !! :)