Here is a (hopefully) simple tutorial on how to achieve a feather manicure…I got the feathers at an A.C.Moore (same thing as a Michaels) and they were $1.50 for a full bag of feathers and they have a variety of colors =]
1) Apply a base coat.
2) Depending on color of the feather choose a base color that you feel would look best.
3) When color is fully dry apply a clear polish and place the feather on your nail pressing down lightly so none of the feather sticks up.
4) Take scissors and cut the excess feather off.
5) Using a nail clipper will help you get closer to the edge of the nail to cut off any remaining excess feather.
6) When applying the top coat it be careful the brush doesn’t lift off any of the feather, if so paint in the opposite direction! Also, make sure you apply 2-3 coats of top coat… You don’t want any feather pieces coming off and ruining the manicure!
Hope this made it easy to create your own feather manicure! Please show me when you do :)
Colorful and Glittery Zebra Print Nails!! :)
I absolutely LOVE how these turned out. So bright and colorful. Perfect for the beginning of summer. I made a tutorial which I will be posting up soon :)
I wanted to go for something bright and I love these 2 colors together!
I used Flip Flop Fantasy from China Glaze and Sidewalkers from N.Y.C :)